Have you ever seen the film ‘High Noon’ Starring Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly?
In High Noon the former marshal Will Kane (Gary Cooper) is preparing to leave the small town of Hadleyville, New Mexico, with his new bride, Amy (Grace Kelly), when he learns that local criminal Frank Miller has been set free and is coming to seek revenge on the marshal who turned him in. When he starts recruiting deputies to fight Miller, Kane is discouraged to find that the people of Hadleyville turn cowardly when the time comes for a showdown, and he must face Miller and his cronies alone.
Put yourself in Will Kane’s place. Everyone around him with whom he thought he could depend and rely on deserted him. His deputies all gave feeble excuses as to why they couldn’t help. Even his own wife threatened to leave him if he didn’t run and hide like the others in the next town for fear of Frank Miller and his gang. Just try to think of all the emotions that must have been going through his entire body:
- Fear for his own life
- Frustration at his deputies and friends lack of belief and trust in him
- Sadness that his wife was ready to turn her back on him and the lack of belief she had in him
All of this must have set off a mass of confusion and self doubt within himself. Was he doing the right thing of staying to face Miller as the clock ticks towards noon when the train is due in?
Now put this scenario into the context of your own life:
- Are you willing to keep walking forward on your own even when others doubt you?
- Are you willing to stand alone for what you believe in even when others don’t appear to believe in you or what you are trying to achieve?
- Have you got the mental and emotional strength, burning desire and persistence needed in order to stay true to your own convictions?
When it comes to your ‘High Noon’ you too will most likely have to go it alone at some point on your journey. If you really want to live the life you imagine then you’ll need to deal with the doubt of those you thought would stand with you. You may also need to overcome your own self doubt, stress, anxiety, depression and lack of confidence.
Are you prepared for that? Do you have the right help in place? If not contact Irwin Edgehill Training and let us stand with you all the way on your own ‘High Noon’. Contact us via Email: email@example.com or call 07842 435921.